Monday, December 3, 2007

We Are Moving

I haven't written here in forever it seems. Update: Ed got the promotion! Yay! It is bittersweet though. We have become very attached to our friends and to our weekly routines and yearly traditions here. Trying not to cry while I type this up. We originally expected the new store to open in July. We found out today that we will most likely be moving to Charleston in March. The store is rumored to be opening in April. Experience has shown that we move a few weeks before the store opens. I thought we had until at least June. I'm not so sure how I feel about it being so much earlier. On one hand, it's good because we can just get there and be done with the anxiety of leaving and finding a new home and support groups, etc. On the other hand, we were looking forward to things coming up in the Spring and especially looking forward to the boys graduating another year in NIKE (there homeschool co-op). Lots of friends have been joking that we can just come up to visit once a week and now I believe we may be doing just that! At least for the early Spring time, in order to complete the year with NIKE. I'm going to try to make sure the boys get all the activities with friends in that they've been asking for like sleep overs, camp outs, etc. Looks like between selling this house and looking for a new one and packing etc., it's going to be a VERY busy few months!! I hope I can relax and enjoy the holiday before reality kicks in and kicks me in the butt! Well peace and hugs to you all and I hope to see all of you that are in town a LOT before we move!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awwww, we'll be sad to see you go, but I have a feeling there are great things awaiting you in your new home!