Thursday, August 2, 2007

Knitting Socks

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....no, NOT Star Wars.....I started crocheting a pair of socks for my husband. I quit when I got to the heels. I had started at the cuff, gotten to the heels, doing one part on one sock, then copying what I'd done on the other. When I got them both down to the heels, they just didn't look the same, nor did they look like they were going to turn out right. So, I quit. I am not usually a quitter, but socks require very thin yarn and very small hooks for crocheting, or needles for knitting. I was feeling very frustrated and upset that they weren't right after all that meticulous squinting and working with such tiny stuff. (never mind that i'm dealing with healed broken fingers and a not really healed correctly broken wrist!) So today, I happened upon a yarn store. OK, OK, I knew it was there and had the idea in the back of my mind that I was going to visit it today. <> So, I walk in and ask the lady that comes to help me about my crocheted socks to see if I can get some help. Apparently, socks are not to be crocheted. It was highly recommended that I rip out my almost completed, albeit, completely messed up socks, and begin anew with a knitting pattern. So tonight, I am home, without the knitting ladies, and feeling just as I did in high school Algebra....I would completely understand it in the class room, totally think I could follow the formulas, then get home and start in on my homework, only to realize that the part of my brain that understood it was back at school, or at any rate, not home with me!!!! I am utterly frustrated, but more determined than ever! ARGGGGHHH!!!! I WILL get these socks completed and as close to perfect as my human self can make them!
Love, Me

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Awwwwww, I'm amazed that anyone can knit/crochet at all, it looks so hard! Good luck on the socks, I know you can do it!!

Beth said...

ugh...i know just how you feel! That is so frustrating! I really need to find my crocheting bag and finish that project i started last year:::sigh:::i hate unfinished projects!